Speakers have gone off!

HotRod_07

Hi HotRod,

Fuses have got absolutly nothing to do with the door speakers UNLESS, you have amplified them!

First port of call would be to check the WHITE Honda Radio Connection (not the ISO Side),

I have come across loads of civics where the actual connectors inside the socket have got rusty for sum wiered reason and are causing a bad connection! Wiggling them around causes speakers to cut in and out!

If that does not help then it sounds like to me your stereo is knackered because that would explain the fact that your LHS Door Speakers and Sub not working

Try plugging in a different headunit and see what you can make of it!

Good Luck and Keep us Posted!

I swaped the subs over in the back and they both work on the left hand side but both do not work on the right hand side. I have checked the wiring behind the radio and cannot see any problems, however there are 2 spare wires but they will not plug into anything on the back of the radio.

So just to sum up both left hand side speakers (front and back) plus the sub work ok but both the right hand side speakers (front and back) plus the sub are not working. Any ideas?

It might depend on how you have the stereo set up, i have heard stories from a guy I know that sells car HiFi, that some older headunits dont like you using the normal speaker wiring and also the RCA (phono) leads that you sometimes run to an amp, something to do with the small built in amp in the headunit cant take it. I dont know how true it is, or to what type of headunits it applies to?? Like everyone is saying, try a new headunit, and also test/replace the radio looms. Sorry i cant be any more help, saying that though, my radio loom is a but dodgy to, when i fitted my headunit, if i wiggled it, some of the speakers didnt work, i ended using some insulation tape to tape the connector together, seems ok at the moment..... ;)

Archived