HELP! My MB6 is trying to kill me too!

GreenVTi991

Hi all,

T'other day something went clonk on the front of my car (sounded like n/s/f) and the steering felt more wayward than it has of late. As I use the car every day I've had no time to get it checked at a garage. I did however have a look the other night and couldn't find anything obvious - gave everything a wiggle with a pry bar and although there was everso slight play in the o/s/f track rod end, nowt else was found.

On my way to work this morning, on a roundabout I regularly use, my car wanted to drift round it! Then on the motorway I had to apply the brakes pretty hard (due a gormless twerp not checking their mirrors before not indicating and drifting into the lane I occupied) and to my horror the brake pedal, steering wheel, nee the whole car started shaking and I didn't feel in control.

If you've experienced something similar and have found what the issue is please let me know as I don't feel comfortable driving my beloved MB6 at the moment - to the point of considering buying something cheap and temporary to drive until I can get it fixed.