Are these driveshafts any good?

Jimmer

For that price I'd want them gold plated, I wouldn't pay more than 100 for one, I got my outer cv joint for 45 quid from my local a-z motor spares, got a mate to fit it and its fine, in my opinion, if you've got tons of power or 4wd then you'll snap drive shafts but tyres and clutch take the brunt of aggressive starts or high speeds, never had a driveshaft snap on any car I've had, an I'm not very sympathetic with my gear changes hahaha

If they are genuine (can't see ant reason to doubt) that does seem a very cheap price, certainly the cheapest I have seen them in the uk.

I got my outer cv joint for 45 quid from my local a-z motor spares

That's not so cheap J&R do complete shafts for about £50 which are fine oem replacement but nothing like the engineering that goes into Yonaka or Hasport shafts. Generally Civic shafts snap from corrosion, but as you up the horsepower they are a fairly common failure (yes by this point you would be running an uprated clutch).

Bargain lol
Rip off search j&r

Depends if you need them or not really. I run J&R they have a 2 year warranty which is good but I wouldn't expect them to hold up to 300bhp for long, or last that much longer than two years of hard use- they are just pattern parts. Bear in mind Hasport will relieve you of $1500 for a drag spec B series driveshaft, Raxles etc are also pretty pricey even if you can get them. I haven't used Yonaka but according to Tegiwa they have never had any returned.

my drivers side snapped so i just need a replacement, heard horror stories of fitting 2nd hand shaft creating a wobble, so thinkin of just goin new an may as well get a pair cause dear knows when the other side will go lol.

So yous reckon go for j an r??

• 4 weeks later...