wet patch

45hley

I`ve had my car since 2007 and get the same trouble in the wet. My whole car mists up like a Swedish Sauna!!!! Both my sunvisors have that black damp effect on so i took them off and had a look underneath,it was wet from the interior light back to the sunroof!! It`s my only grumble on a otherwise trouble free ownership :-(

I`ve had my car since 2007 and get the same trouble in the wet. My whole car mists up like a Swedish Sauna!!!! Both my sunvisors have that black damp effect on so i took them off and had a look underneath,it was wet from the interior light back to the sunroof!! It`s my only grumble on a otherwise trouble free ownership :-(

:lol::lol::lol: i get the same problem!!!

A bodge that has worked for me since earlier in the year. -

- Remove the roof strip and windscreen down strip, or just gently pry away until you have access to the bare painted metal.

- Clean thoroughly with a solvent, not too much as it may strip the paint (use cotton buds and brake cleaner or degreaser). Clean both the strips

and the paint and gently rough the area to give a key (this isn't vital).

- Apply some good quality clear or black exterior window sealant once everything is dry. Refit the seals while sealant is still wet.

- Apply some more sealant into any spaces, etc and put some heavy duty tape tightly over the area (i used parcel tape).

- After 12-24 hours, remove tape carefully (pull against tape) and the area should be sealed.

Not sure how long it's gonna last but been ok since around March. I'll get a pic of mine next time I'm out. Can tell close up but only if you know it's there!

• 1 month later...

It's been good so far. Before, I could physically see a damp patch on the roof lining corner when it rained heavy but not seen it since. My windows would fog up very easily too and this problem has eased a lot so all in all I reckon its sorted! Aslong as the area is clean and you use good quality sealant I cant see there being a problem doing this bodge.