Help on changing driveshafts

Jimmer

Hi folks, I purchased a pair of JR driveshafts through advice on this site and tomorrow I plan to change the pair of them into my motor. Now I believe the procedure is to firstly undo the hub nuts before jacking the car up, is this correct? Are they reverse thread or any advice on removing them cause they seem properly ceasedd, and thats after straightening out the dimplke thats knocked in to lock them and I have been using a breaker bar with the jack handle on the end, so not short on leverage, but worried im doing something wrong or stupid lol.

Any advice would be great help folks, cheers

Soak it in wd40 overnight. Gentle sustained pressure with the breaker bar should do it (with the wheel on to lever against as you say). I used the Haynes method which involves removing the shock fork so give that bolt a soak as well, can't remember the exact process but there is bound to be a 'how to' somewhere on the net.

Remember to put a tray under the gearbox to catch oil overspill :!:

Prob Gunna want a small lever bar to pop them out the gearbox. One side is a split shaft but it will prob be easier to pop the hole shaft out the gearbox then try and split it. Unless your using proper ramps? I only had jack and stands

You will also need to open the suspension fork track rod end to remove the shaft from the hub. The shaft that connects to the half shaft just tap it gently with a copper hammer and it will pop off. Very easy job.