CD player won't hold stations.

knightmaric

Hey guys,

I installed a CD player into my car recently along with a sub and amp.

But the CD player won't hold the stations I set it too when I turn the car off.

Why is this?

If you need to know the make of the CD player i'll get the info for you tomorrow =]

the 2 live wires could be the round the wrong way round for hondas, 1 for the permanent live and one for the ign live.one is yellow, one is red. they can be quite easily switched round (they are made to be so to suit different cars).try switching and see if that helps.

Yellow and Red are the 2 wires carrying 12v power,

Yellow is for constant live (battery) and Red is switched live (ignition)

If your stereo wiring is not standard plug and play (i.e. Not standard honda wiring or you did not need to use ISO adapter) then who ever has wired the stereo up in that past has not wired it up properly!

Use a voltmeter and test the yellow and the red cable to see which is to the ignition and which is through the battery!

It sounds like to me that you are missing a constant live - thus memory loss on radio,

i take it your audio bass/treble settings are lost as well etc

Simple solution as others rightly said check all the fuses first if that does not help, run a new wire from the battery and connect this to the Yellow Wire at the back of the stereo!

Good Luck and Keep us posted!

I'll have a look for a popped fuse firstly as it's the easiest to do.

But it's raining again >_<

I could give swapping them around a go, if that doesn't work i'll put them back.

I don't own a voltmeter sadly so I think that option is out the window =[

If I have to i'll just use some memory wire I have to go from the battery to the live wire.

I have loads of it left lol

There are 2 sets of red and yellow wires.

Yellow and red come from the cd player, then connect into a red and yellow.

but on one of the end red wires, there is another red that comes out with a cover over the top of it.

I'll go get pics.

Archived