interior air intake

mark.b

Can anyone tell me were the air enters into the cabin as im constantly having to remove my pollen filter to unblock it pre filter side of long thin leaves from an enourmous council owned tree opposite my house.i have fitted fine plastic mesh over the two grills below the windscreen but its made no change plus the noise they make rubbing on the interior fan is driving me mad [smash.gif]

• 2 weeks later...

You must remove the big black plastic panel that the front wipers poke through, then the intake is obvious on the nearside. It would be relatively straight forward to make a mesh/net cover to prevent the leaves getting in.

You can clear the leaves already in the heater by removing the three screws underneath and to the left of the pollen filter, then dropping the motor out and poking a thin flexible vacuum cleaner pipe up and around.

I have just been doing a similar job on my Aerodeck.

• 2 weeks later...

Leaves can be removed by taking interior air filter out also. I usually clean the leaves every time checking the filter. Just remove glovebox, then remove four screws holding that metal bar on place and then open the hatch for filter. Pull the filter out and use vacuum cleaner to remove all the dirt that can be accessed.

Sometimes i have had some leave stuck in the fan itself. Then I needed to drop down the fan motor to clean the fan. I've been thinking that would it be possible to make some noise barrier under the fan. Similar ventilation system can be found for example in Volvo 940 and it has plastic plate under the fan with some noise insulation to block the fan noise. There's really no much room for noise insulation but I will try. It would be nice not to hear the fan in a way that noise would mostly come only from air nozzles.