Air intake temprature sensor?

Andy1888

Yea it's a D14 engine.. There is a breather pipe and a sensor that plugs into the rubber pipe connecting the throttle body to the airbox and the new piping i got only has a breather pipe hole :S i've ran it with it off and it seems okay but just wondering if anyone has had the problem before and will it cause long term affects?

Thanks for your reply :)

I don't think it is wise to run the sensor in the open. You'll have to cut a new hole for it, I can't think of an alternative. I had the same problem with the integra intake hose but I have D16Z6 IM and I used the temp. sensor in the IM and problem solved.

I contacted the seller and they agreed to send me out the correct part as they sent me the wrong one. was gonna make it the full cold air with the filter behind the bumper but i hear bad things about sucking up water and hydro-lock and seeing as i live in Scotland it's probably a bad idea haha. I've ran it unplugged it for the last 2 days and seems okay though, just awaiting the new part :)