Honda Premium Alarm Fob

vti_aerodeck

Ive got the below alarm fob thing, i believe its the Honda CAT1 Alarm!?

01122009325.jpg

The problem is that, the alarm fob will unlock the car + disable the alarm, but when you want to lock the car,

you press the button and it only enables the alarm and does not lock the doors...

Also another funny thing I have noticed is that when the weather changes all of a sudden, ie from cold day to WARM HOT day, or from really hot day to freezing cold the alarm fob locks the car and enables the alarm as well and when you press it again it unlocks it and deactivates the alarm, bt this only works like once in every 3-4months though :| maybe its just my imagination

But adding to that, it does work like it should sometimes but just majority of the time it doesnt! :oops:

Anyone else have the same fob as mine? Have you got similiar issues?

What is -if there is any- the best solution to fix this?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...

Never came across any of the 5 door civics with this type of keyfob to be honest. It sounds as though there may be a bad connection to one of the solenoids for the C/L. In most cases, the one in the drivers door controls the show, so i would take off the door panel and check it's all connected up, and the connections are getting a good contact. By the sounds of it, the fact its working every few months would make me think the solenoid is maybe failing, and on its way out. Try and get one from a breakers, and see if it makes a difference. Make sure its from the same system though. ;)

The other thing is the fob itself may be at fault. I dont know of any way of actually checking the fob, so you may have to contact Honda to find out.

Hope this helps 8-)

Archived