Slave Cylinder Repair Kit?

comedywizard

Hi, recently been having a problem seems to be lazy clutch pedal, slight delay coming back up and spongy. I bled the clutch fluid last year but intend to do it again shortly, quite dirty so I suspect slave cylinder may be worn, damaged seals etc.. Is it a common problem with these cars, either master cylinder or slave cylinder?

Dont know whether to just replace it or refurb it, but can you get repair kit with new seals etc... like you can for older cars? Dont seem to find any reference to a repair kit so replacement might be only option.

Thanks for any advise.

Yeah I'll probably get a new one, as you say they arent too expensive (Pagid £32). Is it likely to be the slave or could it be master cyl? I know its hard to say which one but would be interesting to know if either are known to fail after time on these models?

I would start with the slave cylinder on the box and rebleed the system and see how you get on . It could be a problem with the clutch.

Yes I'm going to do exactly that and see what happens. I suspect there could be clutch issue as I mentioned last year after buying the car, it's always been a bit graunchy now and again, but so far it's just soildered on. If I do start having further issues then I'll get a clutch kit sorted for it. If I do the same sort of mileage as I did last year then this time next year I'll also be lining up for the dreaded cambelt change also so if the clutch keeps going till then I would probably look to get both done together, might as well save up and shell out for the jobs in one hit, then she's all done.

Maybe a weekend away and visit to your workshop could be penciled in? :-)