insurance question

nathan123487

Yes job title can save a few quid, when people rang up I always used to find alternative title for their job to get priced reduction so that my quote was more competetive! For example plumber or anything to do with trades is high risk job title due to carrying goods / materials etc... but heating engineer title may save you a few £'s, not much but every £ counts!!

The issue of where you park it is very interseting when we learnt about the background and legal side of things. The way to look at it is if it's garaged then is it because its a higher risk area? also if its on a driveway then maybe the area is less risk, quiet side street for eg. that doesnt need to be garaged to make it safe. I know its hard to understand their reasoning but thats how they work. Most of the time a sure fire way to get discount is to add additional named driver, obviously older, more experienced driver like one of your parents, as this spreads the risk from yourself as your less likely to be driving it more often if theres a 2nd driver.

Insurance is a weird and complex world, like the universe we live in, and insurance companies and brokers are very clever and devious and unfortunately you can very rarely beat them and they know it.

put my job title as a factory worker... as i am one... put my brother on the proposed policy who actually is an electrical engineer. my brother took the insurance down more than my 54 yo father .... my brother took the quote down further than me deciding to buy a civic s instead of a civic sport did.... im going to view/ most likely by the car tommorow :)