MOT man's computer says NO!! :-(

comedywizard

Same here I couldnt find one listed but I take his word for it as he said he had full mongoose system fitted but had sold that separately.

Any way lets see what MOT man says tomorrow for retest! If emiissions pass should be fine. New lambda, dizzy cap and rotor so ignition updated too.

Thought I'd post a pic of my lovely wifey to be helping to remove the old cat (taken on phone so bit grainey) smaller hands were easier to a few awkward bolts!!

DSC_0402_zps972ef793.jpg

Looks very similar to what I had done!

but yours is a cat isnt it tom...???

Yes, and so is his ;)

I doubt 10000 rpm would have sold him a decat, when he said it was a sports cat.

Looks like he would actually! :cry: went back for the retest, new lambda was fine but still failed on CO2, in fact even higher than my old cat!

Done plenty of research online about cats and from what I can see its a baffled decat. Doesnt have the internal metallic gauze to reduce the engine gasses!

Works great as a decat, better response, revs quicker but not road legal for MOT purposes!! Got to re-fit another cat tomorrow now for retest deadline on friday.

Im suprised though as he insists it is a high flow cat, might be high flow but isnt a cat as there is no internal gauze to act as the catalyst.

Doesnt seen eager to take it back to sell on or help with refund, even partial.

If he had described it accurately in the first place then I probably wouldnt have bought it as I would know it wasnt MOT legal.

I have contacted him and tried to be amicable but will have to leave a negative feedback on his post if we cant make agreement! :(

Looks like he would actually! :cry: went back for the retest, new lambda was fine but still failed on CO2, in fact even higher than my old cat!

Done plenty of research online about cats and from what I can see its a baffled decat. Doesnt have the internal metallic gauze to reduce the engine gasses!

Works great as a decat, better response, revs quicker but not road legal for MOT purposes!! Got to re-fit another cat tomorrow now for retest deadline on friday.

Im suprised though as he insists it is a high flow cat, might be high flow but isnt a cat as there is no internal gauze to act as the catalyst.

Doesnt seen eager to take it back to sell on or help with refund, even partial.

If he had described it accurately in the first place then I probably wouldnt have bought it as I would know it wasnt MOT legal.

I have contacted him and tried to be amicable but will have to leave a negative feedback on his post if we cant make agreement! :(

that is a shame... :(

ive bought a few things from him with no trouble... i still couldnt find any info on what mongoose are calling this or if they even made a sports cat for the mb6/mc2 as far as i know the sports cats are custom made only :roll:

that is a shame... :(

ive bought a few things from him with no trouble... i still couldnt find any info on what mongoose are calling this or if they even made a sports cat for the mb6/mc2 as far as i know the sports cats are custom made only :roll:

Yes it is a shame, I would have thought being a respected member on here selling many parts he should have known, unless he doesnt realise whats inside a cat. Anyway after many texts back and forth he has offered a £10 refund which is better than nothing I suppose, obviously would be nice if he would take it back as it was obviously mis sold. I've even given him the link to Mongoose listing to confirm that I was correct.

They only offer sports cats for Ford, Subaru & Mitsubishi. Its on the Mongoose exhausts website, under de-cats, honda civic mb6 listing.

http://mongooseexhausts.com/store/shop/honda-civic-mb6-decat/.

Yeah new sensor and cat certainly did the trick. Just annoying that ive got a decat thats no good to me and wasted my money, shouldnt have happened but there you go. Hope i can pass it on through online auction site or similar to recoup my losses. I'll stick to my usual suppliers for parts in future then I'll know exactly what im getting then! ( with comeback if anythings wrong!)