my MB2

mr-gav

Afternoon Folks

Not sure if I'm posting in the right section, I'm new around here!! (if in wrong room can a mod move :) )

I have a bog standard MB2 which needs some work done and looking for peoples thoughts. It needs fronts pads and discs, a rear caliper, has a hole in the cat, a hole where the centre section meets the back box(so basically need a full exhaust system!) and 1 of the drive belt idler pulleys is screaming its head off!

A work in a parts dept not Honda though! (Italian, Swedish and Spanish, you guess!) So can easily pick up cheap and cheerful parts from the local motor factors. Was wondering though do you recommend any type of pads and discs you can maybe buy online that are better than cheap types a can get from the factors? Obviously its only a 1.4 so don't need top of the range sports beasts! Caliper I think I will just get from the factors.

Exhaust not sure what to do here, get a cat from the factors and then maybe get a cat back system of some sort? I'm in 2 minds to mod the car i.e a notice since coming on here you can get mg suspension parts relitavley cheaply off ebay etc, get a nice set of wheels, exhaust etc or just save my money do everything relatively cheaply and hopefully get my hands on a rare vti-s in the future!

Pulley I think I might have to get from Honda aswell as the belts as there seems to be 3 in there!! Although a could prob get these parts from the factors aswell.

Thoughts welcome!!!

Cheers Gav

Hi welcome to c5

Brakes would go for just some standard ones with pads ,it realy depends on what you are going to do in the modding as what to go for .you could go for a powerflow custom ex system from cat back ,it just how much cash you want to spend on her realy