Engine Bay Earthing

RobE84

I was looking in the engine bay today when changing ignition leads and noticed the 2 earth straps, one from above aircon rad to rocker cover, and one from body to gear box were looking worse for wear...

now i know you can buy HKS earthing kits for €100 but i can go out and just as easily buy 8 gauge or 4 gauge cable and do my own, only question i have really is where do i want to earth from and too in the engine bay...

anyone have a wiring diagram or that for one of these earthing kits, or what needs a decent earth on a b18???

I would just replace like for like, check Paul (Knight)'s project thread, it's quite early in the thread but I'll try and find it and post back. :)

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

i went to electrical wholesaler, bought 10m of 16mm black panel flex and about 20 16mm sq lugs and 1m 35mm panel flex.

i made a new earth from battery terminal to chassis beside battery tray.

and the linked everything in a ring type from the battery back to the 35mm lug. black panel flex doesnt stand out as much.