Oil Cooler and Gauges

Shaddow

Good Morning,

Has anyone fitted an oil cooler to the MB6? I am looking to fit a Mocal oil cooler with thermostatic sandwich plate to ensure oil gets to the correct temperature.

I currently have a standard sandwich plate fitted with oil pressure and oil temperature gauges. If using a thermostatic plate for oil cooler, they do not seem to have fittings for gauge take-offs.

Could anyone suggest other locations I could use for the gauges and possibly a good place to get the oil cooler kit from? (I assume a DC2 kit will fit with correct hose lenghts and fitting sizes.)

I am doing lots of track days with the car and soon will become a dedicated track car.

Thanks

Hi all,

So I really need to get my oil cooler sorted before my track day and have already decided to have Pirtek make my hoses to the correct length for the cooler.

I now need to get the cooler and thermostatic plate.

Can anyone please confirm what size the mb6 oil filter is, to make sure I get the correct thermostatic sandwich plate.

Finally, can anyone recommend hose sizes? As most oil coolers come with a selection of fitting sizes, I am not sure what to go with....3/8, 1/2 or 5/8?

Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks