tyre wear - Uniroyal Rainsport 2s

Nairnster

What sort of mileage are people getting out of their front tyres on MB6/MC2 s?

I have done a little over 8000 miles on a set of Uniroyal Rainsport 2s, and too my absolute horror today, noticed the fronts are pretty much shot, whilst the rears are not even half worn.

I generally keep an eye on them, but it seems that with the sudden warmer weather, the fronts have pretty much disintegrated, as they werent that bad when I checked about 500 miles ago.

Now debating whether to go for a new wheels and tyres combo, or just get some front tyres.

i have rainsport 2 on and have noticed a big difference in wear between front and rear, 

but i do have 1 trip to the nurburgring on this set, will let front get worn out and get another set for the front, camskill are about £30 per tyre at the moment.

tbh Uniroyal rs2 are a very soft tyre, ideal as a winter tyre, but not suited to summer, put mine on in October, at 150k, now on 157 and at about 4mm.

I like them they grip really well but, Christ they are soft, the side wall is only 1 ply, where as most other tyre's are 2 ply.

Yeah, have learnt the hard way, not suited to all year round driving at all really.

Apparently they could be causing a lot of road noise as they can wear erratically around the tyre circumference.

Just ordered two Khumo Ecstas for the car, expenditure I didnt need and puts a downer on other plans this month.

Yeah, have learnt the hard way, not suited to all year round driving at all really.

Apparently they could be causing a lot of road noise as they can wear erratically around the tyre circumference.

Just ordered two Khumo Ecstas for the car, expenditure I didnt need and puts a downer on other plans this month.

mine aren't due for replacement yet, but if it come's around October again and there due, i'll be hard pressed not to get them for the autum/winter

Sounds like a good choice.  It was between these and Falken ZE914.

The falkens were rated worse for fuel economy, and quieter, so figured this meant they were probably softer rubber.

Price difference was a couple of quid. Getting them fitted on wednesday.