MC1 Suspension options.

Calster17

I've been looking into getting new suspension for my MC1 Aerodeck, and been looking into the options but to be honest I'm not 100% sure on what'd be better & I've never done anything with suspension before.

So far I've come to the conclusion of:

Getting lowering springs & new shock absorbers(the springs would be a 30mm drop).

I could get a coilover kit. (adjustable height & dampening) 

Get MG ZS springs/shock absorbers.

What'd be the best for everyday use(comfort, load limit, etc) , as well as for when I go up Deeside/Cairngorm for spirited driving and maybe the odd track use? 

Thanks in advance for any advice.  :smile:

Has to be coilovers mate with adjustable damping, so you can harden it right up for the track then back to soft for the road.

My coilovers have front and rear 30 click adjustment, basically a little dial on the absorbers that you can reach under the car, literally takes seconds.

Price wise meisters are mean to be very good, or if funds a bit limited I would go for Gaz which I have and come out about £500

Quite a few other options for around a grand

i've got meister coilovers on my MC1. i wont be going for anything else as they are brilliant, and as you get a member discount through the forum if you have a look in the traders section. 32 damping settings and really easy to adjust

• Like 1

Thanks for the replays. :smile: Think I'll go with the coilovers.

Had a look at the meisters and think I'll go with them(The Zeta-S?), How much do they lower the car by, and are they height adjustable? I could't see that on the website.

Also are they easy to fit? or would you recommend that I get a garage to do them? I've never worked or tinkered with suspension before on a car but would like to give it a try.

im going lower mate, but they are on wide 16's aswel, i can go a lot higher aswel, im kinda in the middle of the coilover adjustable. and really easy mate i knew nothing about doing this when i fitted them, me and my mate started and we were done in a few hours and all set up :)

I'll see if can get in the group buy, but may need to get them sooner than planned as there's an alarming sound coming from the rear when I go over bumps hard and not had a chance to have a look.(now something for the rear suspension was an advisory in it's last MOT but cant mind off hand what, so that's my first guess (also an excuse to get coilovers).

They seem easy enough to install, so with 2 weeks off work coming up I'll have plenty of time to try it.

Really loving your deck Chandler! Dont think I'd have mine that low myself though ...well maybe when I first install them!  :smile: