Tyres

fyfie5

either im being blind or there isn't a section anywhere for tyre chat?

im going to need some front tyres pretty soon and I have toyo proxes at the moment on the front but I want a change!

I have 215/45/15 on a 7j rim, any one know what a 205/45/15 would look like on a 7j rim, would there be any stretch? as I do not want stretch.

want to know what I can get away with as the only tyres I can find for sale in 215/45/15 is toyo proxes! wouldn't be too bothered if they were part worns either just something to get me till winter then I can fit my steels.

cheers!

You won't get any stretch from 205 on a 7J. At best you'll get a nice flush fit. Just bare in mind that the second unit (45) is a percentage of the width- not a unique measurement. So a 205/45 will have a slightly smaller rolling radius than a 215/45.

I can't see that giving you any problems though :)

thanks! that's what the guys said on civiclife, even a 195 wont give any stretch on a 7j and they are a much more available size.

hoping my tyres can last till winter but I doubt it :(

I'm currently running 195/50 15 on 6.5J wheels, it's one of the most popular sizes (good news for prices) and almost every manufacturer makes performance tyres in that size