DC2 Springs

Moe

If your talking dc2 Integra type R springs then there is a huge difference. The spring rates on the integra type R are much stiffer than the MB6.

The ITR DC2 springs are also progressive which means the harder you push them the stiffer/ more effective they become. They are considered to be a huge improvement to a standard EG civic VTI so im sure it would be even more of an improvement to the MB6's springs.

Im interested in whether the ITR shocks would also fit with a little modification.

Hope this helps :D

If your talking dc2 Integra type R springs then there is a huge difference. The spring rates on the integra type R are much stiffer than the MB6.

The ITR DC2 springs are also progressive which means the harder you push them the stiffer/ more effective they become. They are considered to be a huge improvement to a standard EG civic VTI so im sure it would be even more of an improvement to the MB6's springs.

Im interested in whether the ITR shocks would also fit with a little modification.

Hope this helps :D

Without trying to sound like a prat, are you sure about that??!! Where do you get that info from, i only ask as like i said, the part numbers are almost identical, and so wasn't sure there was much difference?! If they are different like you say then thats good info to know, im sure we could get some second hand ITR suspension for cheaper than new uprated suspension couldn't we?!! :oops:;) But then, would it make the car lower? (as some of us want a lower look..) We need a willing volunteer..... :lol:

im actually getting adjustable dampers with dc2 springs, all the bushes that are used in the strut are going to be replaced with poly ones. i really dont want to lower my car i prefer it with the standard look plus i cover 3-400 miles a week on some pretty rough roads. so im looking to improve handling without lowering.

http://www.itrsport.com/technical.html#ft_suspension

http://www.superhonda.com/tech/DC2Type- ... rison.html

Here are the spring rates of the integra type r 97, 00-01 ITR factory 250F/250R

96-00 EX factory 165F/80R

I havent got the exact specs of the MB6 but this is a comparison to the standard civic. You can see that not only are the Type Rs springs progressive but that are alot stiffer. Also if you have a look on the best motoring Type R legends dvd you will see how different the Integra type R is in comparison the the Integra SI.

Im guessing the MB6 has similar specs to a ek/eg vti at most. Ive owned alot of civics and ive always found the Integra type R suspension to be a cheap and effective upgrade. In answer to the lowering, the type R springs will lower the car slightly. I think the ITR springs lowered it by around 15/20mm on my previous EG6 VTI.

Might be a little hidden gem for MB6 owners!

Dude if you are interested in a type r then i would 100% recommend the ITR. Ive driven and owned a fair few fast motors in my time but the dc2 teg is by far the most involving joy to own. I will be owning another one later in the year. I think the mb6 will be a enjoyable little beast in the meantime 8-)

Archived