koni sports kit

southwestmb6

Hi guy's just seen a Koni sports kit for my Mb6 and after reading peoples info on things im well confussed on which way to go.

Seen this kit 4 shocks and spring for £415 Is this good ? It actually says it fit's my vti 5 door uk built !!! At last something listed for our m's .

Any feedback will greatly recieved :D8-)

The koni kit you want is this Click Me. But be warned the Koni springs are ok (not sure if progressive) and will lower the car 50-60mm. This is true as have seen this on 3 seperate MB6's. I know it says 35mm but I spoke to Paul at Koni who said 40mm but even that was an approximation.

For some reason this extreme lowering is only using koni shocks. The same happens when you combine koni shocks and eibach springs. However Koni springs and standard shocks = 40mm, wierd, i know.

You could do what I did and get some other make of spring and sell the Koni springs to recoup some cash. All in all this will be £300 for the Koni kit and £150 for after market springs = £450 exc fitting. IMO get some coilovers plenty of info on this site.

The setup I have is koni shocks set to 60% and cobra springs. The front has gone done 35mm and the rear 60mm as I have used the lowest spring seat perch on the rear shocks.

IMO koni shock & springs = crashy ride. Beeter with another make of spring and make sure the spring is progressive. On medium setting with the setup i have (koni shocks & cobra springs) the ride is just perfect for me but you will have different views as no 2 folk are the same.

My suggestion would be save up a little bit and get coilovers that are adjustable in terms of both ride and damping. That way you can lower to your taste and adjust ride quality to how you feel. Also the MB6 feels mega different after being lowered - in a good way of course.

Finally IMO lose the 17" they are too big for the car. The MB6 should run on 16" and no larger. The bigger the wheels the less responsive steering and more tramlining you will have. IMO 16" is the perfect balance between looks and performance.

I have had Koni's before, as well as a Koni and Eibach combo. They're ok, but not amazing, like someone said, a bit crashy, inconsistent drop.

I'd save up a bit longer and buy coilovers, and strongly recommend HSDs. I use them myself on my road/track car, and for my £700 or so investment (probably cheaper, I can't remember), they're TEN times better than the Koni's, so a great bang-for buck improvement.

They're similar to Tein's, although not as firm riding on the softer settings, seperate spring tension and ride height adjustment, and a 15-step rebound adjuster on the top. I'm running 12kg/mm front and 7kg/mm rear springs and while it's firm, it's not violent.

I can put you in touch with a good supplier if you wish. Just PM me.

Cheers

Archived