mb6 door change

seanp1981

hi guys i have a little ding on my vti rear driver door and have found a car that is being broke in same color but is the 1.6 se i know the colour will match but have no idea whats involved as my vti has electric windows at the rear is that the same case for the 1.6 if so straight forward but if not how hard its it to change over plz advise lol

I think it would be just a case of swapping the loom and electric window motor over etc

Door card too

As for removing the door itself remove the washers on the pins and knock the pins out then offer the new door up, align the pins and knock them back through

Don't remove the hinge bolts or it will take you ages to re align the door to close properly

I changed a door on a mk2 Mondeo, different car I know but the principle was exactly the same :)

I would remove the old door first then lay them side by side and strip the old door of the manual mechanism etc and transfer everything over first

• Like 1