How noticeable is VTEC?

feck_on_a_stick

I got the car up on a friends ramp and discovered it's coming from the sump.  Hopefully just needs a new sump gasket, but leaving it in with someone this weekend to get it done.  What I hadn't realised when I first posted this thread was that the heating is up the left as well.  The temperature guage takes forever to warm up and then doesn't stay constant, so hopefully just a simple thermostat change needing done too.

Getting it up on the ramp was certainly worthwhile though as I've noticed the fuel and brake lines are quite badly corroded and the discs are due a replacement too.  The lines could probably just get a clean to get through the MOT in February but some parts of it do look bad and I'd rather just replace them and know that's them done for another good while :)

So there's gonna be a few quid thrown at the car in the next week or two, but hopefully that'll be the last bit of maintenance for a bit and I can concentrate more on mods.

When you do the thermostat, probably worth while changing the coolant too then bleed it (Just leave it running with the rad cap off to let the air bubbles escape and top up!). 

Lines are cheap enough to replace, you've got a bit of time to source the bits before the MOT anyway! :)

• Like 1