Aerodeck MB8 1998 - does it share any exterior with none-decks?

ivehult

Thank you kindly! I got it cheap, we needed to replace an old Opel Manta '73 that I've been driving during the summer, but as I commute 30km to work now and then, I needed a cheaper (fuel wise) car that would run safe in all weathers.. a lightweight '73s sports car with rear wheel drive isnt the safest bet on our icy roads ^^ Found a lot of good info on the Civics in general, ppl seemed very pleased. This far I'm very very pleased!

The spi film looks very much like my kind of mod! I really love the smokey dark look on a otherwize silver car. Thou it seems to be on the edge of illegal here still, it's up to the individual police officer to fee your or not. How would you say it affects the brightness of the light? I need all light I can get up here with only 6h daylight this time of the year.

Sweet! I'll see if I can get a pair of them bulbs then. The cree side lights looks bright and interesting, but are side lights "on" during normal driving light? Here we call it "parking light" ;)

Haha, will def try K%N again. What do you gain from removing the resonator box other than sound? :)

Aha nice! I'd love to have a tandem so I could force the missy to bike with me (she really dosnt like biking herself)!

Oh that's a nice thread ^^ guess I gotta shoot some pics at my HTmtb, SS-commuter-mtb, dirtbike and downhill bike :)

So, back to ideas to do during the winter.. Thinking of painting my current rims black, as I dont really think it's worth buying a set of new ones. Anyone got experiance?

WOW a 1973 Manta How cool......

regarding the film it does reduce some light but with the upgraded bulbs the lights are brighter with the film than standard bulbs without film

yes i also call them parking lights as well mate im slightly old LOL and thats what they used to be called here but became side lights instead, as they stay on when you have your normal beam on they do help brighten things up

im not 100% sure but i would say removing the rez box with a standard panel filter would prob only make a difference to the sound but if you use a performance panel filter like the K&N we spoke of as long as you run a pipe from the end where you removed it to somewhere at the front it will be able to breathe easier so may help performance wise.

Same as painting anything else, rub them down to give them a key, prime (optional), paint, flat, lacquer.

Some helpful videos on youtube about painting from rattle cans.

Ah okay, nice :) Thought it'd might be something special with that kind of metal. Cool, thanks.

WOW a 1973 Manta How cool......

regarding the film it does reduce some light but with the upgraded bulbs the lights are brighter with the film than standard bulbs without film

yes i also call them parking lights as well mate im slightly old LOL and thats what they used to be called here but became side lights instead, as they stay on when you have your normal beam on they do help brighten things up

im not 100% sure but i would say removing the rez box with a standard panel filter would prob only make a difference to the sound but if you use a performance panel filter like the K&N we spoke of as long as you run a pipe from the end where you removed it to somewhere at the front it will be able to breathe easier so may help performance wise.

Hah yeh, the Manta is a beautiful car. Really loved it.. but cant afford to have it. I'll show a photo of it :)

Here it is outside our garage.                                            And here, one for Tom. ^^

5vddhd.jpg  2vuxcf8.jpg

Ah true that, with the new lights I shouldnt really mind the small percentage of loss from the film.

HAHA! So it's the old word hu? Ah I wasnt sure they stayed on when the normal light was on. Thats neat! I'm also thinking of just getting a pair of small headlights and do a modified fit in the fog-light sockets.

So you did like a CAI? With one of em coned K&N filters? I was thinking to just replace the normal filter with a K&N tbh.

• Like 1