Aerodeck MB8 1998 - does it share any exterior with none-decks?

ivehult

Hello people!

I've just bought myself a Aerodeck 1998 1.4 MB8 , my first ever Honda and Im very pleased! Already trying to convince the missy that our old Clio needs to be replaced to a small Civic ;)

Anywho, to the question.. Id like to replace the headlights and do wonder if the MB8 share parts with other civics of same years? 

Id probably need to replace more in the future too, more than just exterior. 

Grateful for any replies!

Here's a pic of the car too:

2h7pc0m.jpg

Thank you for the replies :)

Dno what that "project" would be thou. Any engine tuning would be for more fuel efficiency, any exteriour tuning would be minimalistic and descrete ^^ 

But Id like to find some cheap but good looking headlights to replace my current. Maybe tint the windows. Any suggestions of cheap tunes that'd go along with my ideas?  

Thank you for the replies :)

Dno what that "project" would be thou. Any engine tuning would be for more fuel efficiency, any exteriour tuning would be minimalistic and descrete ^^ 

But Id like to find some cheap but good looking headlights to replace my current. Maybe tint the windows. Any suggestions of cheap tunes that'd go along with my ideas?  

As Tom says the only option with the lights is replacement stock units or custom made projectors. What most members do is fit Ring xenon ultima H4 bulbs and cree sidelight bulbs; this is usually enough to turn the poor stock units into something that can cope with north european winters. If you need more fitting driving lights in the fog light mounts might be a better solution.

To increase the engine efficiency look at breathing mods (good high flow panel filter like K&N and perhaps a sport cat or higher flow manifold), efficient   plugs like NGK irridiums or Denso, maybe new ht leads, good quality oil and a blue Honda oil filter (or green HAMP one). I found that a gearbox oil change also helps.

Thank you fellas for your inputs :)

Tom, I've got to look into that spray-mod, sounds easy enough. I was thinking of buying myself a 2nd pair of headlights on ebay or such, mine does seem to have some kind of stain/burn on the inner glass. Yellow dark tint.

Thank you hickster, does the xenon ultima h4-bulbs go straight into the h4-sockets from stock? Or do you need one of those conversion kits?

I was thinking of finding myself a good pair of driving lights and fit them in the fog light mounts, I love the look of a pair of lower lights.

I've used K&N before, changing plugs and oil + filter is a good one, thanx. I think I'll leave changing anything with the exhaust until it needs changing due to wear :)

The headlights might just need a polish. Try toothpaste.

Did polish em on the outside, but seems to be on the inner glass. Will try toothpaste and a brush through the bulb-hole :) ty

Btw, love that your life seems to be very bike-related, I'm a downhill/mtb/dirt fella myself, gotta get myself a pair of roof racks!

Thank you fellas for your inputs :)

Tom, I've got to look into that spray-mod, sounds easy enough. I was thinking of buying myself a 2nd pair of headlights on ebay or such, mine does seem to have some kind of stain/burn on the inner glass. Yellow dark tint.

Thank you hickster, does the xenon ultima h4-bulbs go straight into the h4-sockets from stock? Or do you need one of those conversion kits?

I was thinking of finding myself a good pair of driving lights and fit them in the fog light mounts, I love the look of a pair of lower lights.

I've used K&N before, changing plugs and oil + filter is a good one, thanx. I think I'll leave changing anything with the exhaust until it needs changing due to wear :)

Hi mate looks like a tidy deck you got yourself very nice...

Re headlights: Good plan mate to buy a second set to mod and as you say its pretty easu enough i was going that route but decided to go spyfilm instead.

Re Bulbs: Yes mate straight fit i got them in mine and i got the mentioned cree side lights which are def worth doing they make a massive difference and are stright fit as well

LOL and i just ordered a K&N panel filter as well (and i have already removed the resonator box as well) and i just ordered Denso irridium plugs and magnicor 8mm performance leads as well LOL

• Like 1

Hi mate looks like a tidy deck you got yourself very nice...

Re headlights: Good plan mate to buy a second set to mod and as you say its pretty easu enough i was going that route but decided to go spyfilm instead.

Re Bulbs: Yes mate straight fit i got them in mine and i got the mentioned cree side lights which are def worth doing they make a massive difference and are stright fit as well

LOL and i just ordered a K&N panel filter as well (and i have already removed the resonator box as well) and i just ordered Denso irridium plugs and magnicor 8mm performance leads as well LOL

Thank you kindly! I got it cheap, we needed to replace an old Opel Manta '73 that I've been driving during the summer, but as I commute 30km to work now and then, I needed a cheaper (fuel wise) car that would run safe in all weathers.. a lightweight '73s sports car with rear wheel drive isnt the safest bet on our icy roads ^^ Found a lot of good info on the Civics in general, ppl seemed very pleased. This far I'm very very pleased!

The spi film looks very much like my kind of mod! I really love the smokey dark look on a otherwize silver car. Thou it seems to be on the edge of illegal here still, it's up to the individual police officer to fee your or not. How would you say it affects the brightness of the light? I need all light I can get up here with only 6h daylight this time of the year.

Sweet! I'll see if I can get a pair of them bulbs then. The cree side lights looks bright and interesting, but are side lights "on" during normal driving light? Here we call it "parking light" ;)

Haha, will def try K%N again. What do you gain from removing the resonator box other than sound? :)

Oh yes. One tandem. One hard tail mountain bike. One single speed cyclocross bike. One street unicycle. One mountain unicycle.

Have a look at our bike thread here...

http://civic5.com/forum/index.php?/topic/4488-show-us-your-bikes-and-general-biking-chat/page-12#entry145438

Aha nice! I'd love to have a tandem so I could force the missy to bike with me (she really dosnt like biking herself)!

Oh that's a nice thread ^^ guess I gotta shoot some pics at my HTmtb, SS-commuter-mtb, dirtbike and downhill bike :)

So, back to ideas to do during the winter.. Thinking of painting my current rims black, as I dont really think it's worth buying a set of new ones. Anyone got experiance?

I've got 2 sets. One oem set for winter and a nice set for the rest of the year.

Ive got a pair of studded winter tyres on old steel rims, but thinking of painting the ones that's on the car atm (on the pic up top). So wondering if anyone got experiance with painting aluminum (thats what I guess it is..) wheels?