Fitting fog lights in a mb9

amoras

Hi guys, i have bought a used oem kit front fog light´s for my mb9, but i have some doubt about the wiring connections and relay...

Does anyone knows a link with some images or a video so that i can seen who i can connect everything without making the car set on fire... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Cheers guys...

I heard that all you need to do is find an OEM fog light harness and plug it into the existing harness near the front of the car, then replace your fog light switch with the one that can do the fronts too. Then it should work as if it was done at the factory.

If it isn't this simple, do correct me as I want to wire up MB6 fogs to my MB3 eventually and also not contribute to the flaming MB club. :)

The guy that sold me the fogs, told me that i have to buy a relay and connect to the battery... that is what i dont know... and i'm looking to see some photos or video to see how can a make that kind of connections... i don't have much knowlodge about electrical stuff...

I heard that all you need to do is find an OEM fog light harness and plug it into the existing harness near the front of the car, then replace your fog light switch with the one that can do the fronts too. Then it should work as if it was done at the factory.

If it isn't this simple, do correct me as I want to wire up MB6 fogs to my MB3 eventually and also not contribute to the flaming MB club. :)

You will have to do as you say because our cars dont come with the wires in the loom if you have not got fogs fitted already..

As you are going to create a new circuit for them with fuse and relay etc you could youtube a how to as it will be the same for any car.. And if Roj is correct and you can get a harness and connect it im not sure where it connects or how or where you would run it through...

Have heard much talk of this subject but as of yet i personally do not know of any members who have fitted the fogs when they were not present originally, will or would be nice to finally get a definitive answer to this question.

Hopefully somebody will clear this subject up soon :wink:  :wink: