MGZS 180 Suspension fit my MB3?

onejdmcivic1984

Heard a rumour that MG ZS 180 suspension is a good upgrade to the MB3 Oem suspension? Is that the case and by doing so does it lower the car a bit more?

The Civic is a nice drive but feels like a boat around corners lol i want the civic to ride nicely and corner like my previous EJ9 civic which cornered well even on lowering springs.

If the ride height is similar what springs can i use with the MG ZS suspension to lower it?

Dont want coilies as this is my daily drive and cnt justify spending 600 on meister rs

I also heard MG ZS ARBs make a world of diff?

Yes mgzs kit is a good upgrade, you can use the 180 shocks with 120 springs for a slight lowering of around 15-20mm, or match the shocks to some decent lowering springs suited to the MB3.

What you do depends on the size alloys you're planning on running, if 17's don't bother with lowering springs or you'll need to get the arches rolled. Bear in mind when buying springs that the shocks will lower it by 15mm as well.

ARB is a great upgrade.

Def need lowering springs with them. I tried just mgzs shocks and springs on my old mb3 and it sat mega high lol. Works better on the mb6 with just full standard set up as B series weighs more. Once lowered tho great budget modification.

WHat lowering springs do i buy though - ones for civic or ones for mg zr? Or does it make no difference? Whats the most mg zs standard shocks can take drop wise?

If you get the MGZS180 shocks I think Eibach lowering springs for the MB3 would be fine! 

Any drop by lowering spring will shorten the lifespan of any shock absorber by the way! But because the MG ones are a bit lower before adding springs it's a bit better.

WHat lowering springs do i buy though - ones for civic or ones for mg zr? Or does it make no difference? Whats the most mg zs standard shocks can take drop wise?

When I had mgzs I had Eibach springs for an MB and that's what I'd recommend. Stick with -40mm that should give you a combined drop of 55-60mm, which is nice. :)

Was thinking of putting an integra type r engine in or h22 from a prelude vti

If and when you do that I would think about investing in coilovers.

Wondering if the 2cm or so drop would make a world of difference in terms of stance?

Not a massive amount, no. If you use the standard 180 springs they will be under-compressed due to the engine weight difference.