Illuminated electric window buttons

feck_on_a_stick

Has anyone ever modified their electric windows buttons to illuminate them?

The positioning of them is high up no my list of the most annoying features on the MB, particularly in the dark.

I'm not thinking of drilling holes in the car if I can help it, but wondering if positioning an orange led somewhere behind each of the buttons would filter through enough light around the buttons to give them a bit of a glow?

I know very little about electronics so wondered how easy this would be.  Any thoughts?

With the switches themselves being solid plastic I don't think light will show through but an LED placed near them may show through the gaps? My initial thought is you may need to use different switches that would normally be illuminated but then that could open a whole can of worms!

I'm going to have to have a proper look at the switches and have a think about it.

I must have lay in bed last night for about an hour trying to think it through and getting annoyed they don't light up already lol :oops:

I struggle to get to sleep when I've got ideas and plans buzzing around my head! Because it's payday this week I keep going over how the money is going to be spent, I'll be broke the next morning for another four weeks :lol:

Yeah I do that too lol

I've been buying alot online lately too, so I've less of an idea what money is going out of my account.  My neighbours are also signing for loads of deliveries for me atm, which I feel bad about as well :oops:

My new neighbor had been moved in for less than a week before they signed their first one for me :lol: