water leak in boot and under rear seat

raymb6

hi guys i think i allready posted up ages ago about my water leak in my mb6 cant seem to find the link well its gotton to the stage where its really starting to p**s me off :oops:  the left hand side of my boot is soaked and there is now mould under the carpet the bit of wood over the spare wheel was so wet it tore in 3 places to i took out the spare wheel and there was ducks swimming around in it i also noticed the polisterine box that hold the jack was full of water too  then i lifter my rear seat up and the passanger side was soaking as was the rear seat itself its starting to smell so i removed the trims and power hosed the car for about an hour or so to test for leaks but with no joy so then i washed the car and noticed the drivers side skirt was lose at the rear i removed it to find a big hole of rust about 15cm in length and 3cm height so i was wondering was the water getting into the sill and into the car somehow iam getting it plated thurs or friday i cant think anywhere else it be coming in

Leaks around the tailgate can be from the tail light seals, tailgate weather strip (Thick rubber around the edge) and possibly the rear door weather strip!

thanks krzys i have allready replace the weather strip for  a nother one i got from a breakers as mine was distorted some what. I also checked the tail lights and no joy either. Was wondering could it be coming from water spray as i drive the car might be getting in someplace

thanks krzys i have allready replace the weather strip for  a nother one i got from a breakers as mine was distorted some what. I also checked the tail lights and no joy either. Was wondering could it be coming from water spray as i drive the car might be getting in someplace

It would only get in at those places mate for the rear!

It could be the replacement rubber you got from the breakers has perished too? I got a second hand one to replace my tailgate rubber, it's loads better but still leaks a bit so I'll be getting myself a brand new one from Honda! 

cheers krys i went at it again today as i was off work sick so i removed head lining and all boot trims.

opened sunroof and poured water into sunroof drains were working fine but i had noticed that the roof on the pass side near the rear pillar was showing signs of water droplets around it

so i took out sunroof drain pipe and checked it for leaks that was fine so then i checked the washer pipe that was fine so i put it all back together again

i then romoved the roof strips to fine 2 hair line cracks in roof so i tiger sealed them and refitted them i also tiger sealed the rear washer jet where it meets the roof and i tiger sealed the right hand side top corner of the windscreen as my roof was getting wet where the sunvisor was so iam hopeing by process of trial and elimnation i may have by luck fixed it hopefully