Something happened to shifter?

onejdmcivic1984

Was putting the gearstick surround trim and leather gaitor back onto my MB4 and put my new gearknob on and twisted it till its tight.

Well i heard a click sound when i tightened it up and when got in car to test the new knob (oo er lol) i turned engine over and stalled upon putting car into reverse.

Well after a split second the car worked perfectly fine and although gear changes are slightly more stickier than usual it seems ok. Im just worried that leaving it could cause real trouble further down the line.

The shifter is a standard unit and no im not aggressive during gear changes and i 'palm' the gearknob during changes instead of grasping. Just doesnt seem as smooth as before.worried ive damaged it :(

Lol thats sods law sounds like a bush in the sector possibly did you hold the shaft wen u screwed the nob on as the click u heard might of been a bush popin out of alignment or worst case snaping have a look from underneath the car before you take it appart it might help

• Like 1

Supposed to be more durable and a bit harder than the rubber ones! I've only used them in a SEAT Leon before and they made the gear changes a lot nicer! Not sure if it's the same on the Honda's!