Problems starting

matty1

So, when I go to start the car I put the key in the ignition, turn it to the point just before the big turn and nothing comes up on the dash, then sometimes it does, then I turn it to start it and fires up first time but when I let go of the key it cuts out does this sometimes once to 5 times and then works fine. And then when I use an electrical item lets say the indicator it just dies but then starts up just fine, once it gets a bit warm it's fine, no problems.

I personally think it could be something to do with the key or ignition barrel, maybe lose connection, seems very sensitive. But I got no idea. Any ideas? Or any1 experience the same problem?

That is a strange one!

I'd start by checking the barrel, connections etc! 

Cowling around the steering wheel comes off easy! Three screws from underneath and then separate it! 

Got to work finally after it breaking down twice every time I used the indicator. So opened it up and cleaned the contacts at the end of the barrel and problem solved :-) now works lovely. Cheers for the help nick

• Like 3