signs of a goosed shock? or.....

spudley1988

Right been trying to source this for a while now and it's getting really annoying lol. Anytime I go over slightly uneven road surfaces, sometimes when braking and turning corners I get a click/tick from drivers rear wheel area.

Would this sound like the shocks gave up or could I still be looking elsewhere? If I stand in my boot and bounce pretty firmly up and down my mate can hear it right by the wheel.

Anyone experienced this before or anyone recognise these symptoms and able to relate it to anything?

It'll either be drop link on the ARB if you have one, trailing arm bush or a bush that sits at the top on the rear damper, mine turned out to be all three!

Was yours making a clicky kind of noise over bumps as well? Trailing arm bush is Polly bushed as is the arb bushes so shouldn't in theory be them. So maybe looking at drop link or bush at top of the shock yea?

Yeah I would check those two parts, mine wouldn't knock on every bump weirdly but generally speed bumps etc. Swapped for an MGZS ARB which cured some knocking, RTA bushes helped more but fitting the coilovers made it go away.

What's best way to try and diagnose the bush on top of the shock? Or is it a case buy it and hope for the best lol. I've got koni dampening adjustables on mine so im praying one of these two help to keep the bills down