power steering pump!!!

CathalC

Hello.... Not sure if this is the right area to be posting this but...

Was just after NCT'ing (Irish equivalent to MOT)  my car today and on the way home noticed a wineing sound I was like of course something would go wrong just after passing the test seems to be the way with all my previous motors! lol. So pulled in

popped bonnet and the powersteering reservoir puking fluid with the cap still in tight.

Was a very brown colour so im guessing it was never changed and i know now i have to get a new pump.

But i was just wondering if the power steering pump was a common fault because my mate has a EJ civic his

pump also went 1.4 SOCH same engine bar it has less power 75 or watever HP and is the pumps the same??

Thanks in advance

Not sure if the pumps are a common problem but does sound like its never been looked at before.

I would have thought the pumps were similar on all the D series engines? If you go onto something like Eurocarparts website or other motor factors with the reg of yours and your mates car and see if the part numbers it brings up are the same?

I think most pumps are the same but the mounting points are slightly different . I tried to put a Ek d series pas on an accord and it wouldn't fit but I took them both apart and swapped the internals .