17'' ET42 Alloys

Richyp07

Hi All,

I have a 1999 Civic Aerodeck 1.6i ES, I need to replace 3 tyres on my standard 14'' alloys but I have found a second hand set of 17'' alloys that work out to be only slightly more in price.

I believe that the PCD on these wheels 4x100 and the offset is ET42. Will these fit without needing any further modifications? There car has not been lowered but I may lower it 30mm in the future.

I don't want to by them if they will rub as I have my children in the back of the car regularly.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the quick reply. If my understanding is correct. ET42 would mean that the wheel would sit in towards the body of the car more 2mm more than yours so have less chance of touching wheel arch. Will it leave enough clearance on the inner side ie. suspension etc...

Thanks chaps. I got the wheels today and they fit fine, I just need to trim/remove a bit of plastic that catches on full lock. Big improvement in looks to the 14'' standards.

I will try and put a pic up in the morning. I had a go at trimming the plastic inner arch today and it has improved but still rubs very slightly on full lock. It may be down to the tyres (cheap Runway 205/40r17's) they seem to have straight sidewall, I think it may clear if the sidewalls were more curved?

Have you chaps that run 17's totally removed the plastic inner trim as it leaves the belts etc. in the bottom of the passenger side of engine bay exposed.