turbo timer installation

KiNK43

Has anyone fitted a turbo timer??

I tackled it last night. Thought it was a doddle found the two ignition cables one yellow, one yellow/black.

Connected up. Everything works it counts down it maintains power onto those two cables.

Dash is lit up up blah blah blah.

Just engine won't stay running. Cuts out.

I've wired up directly onto ignition switch. I was thinking that this should irradiate any interruption From after market immobiliser.

Once timer finishes counting down. I can hear relay under dash click off and all the dash lights go out.

Anyone got any ideas???

That's why I thought wire it straight onto ignition switch. It takes power from constant 12v and distributes it to the ignition terminals for as long as the timer is running. Mimicking the key still being turned. Well in my eyes that's what I've done.

The key has no transponder.

Unless the immobiliser gets its off signal from the radio loom/acc loom them maybe I need to link across to that??

That's why I thought wire it straight onto ignition switch. It takes power from constant 12v and distributes it to the ignition terminals for as long as the timer is running. Mimicking the key still being turned. Well in my eyes that's what I've done.

The key has no transponder.

Unless the immobiliser gets its off signal from the radio loom/acc loom them maybe I need to link across to that??

Either that or power is being cut from the fuel pump when you turn it off on the key? 

Either that or power is being cut from the fuel pump when you turn it off on the key?

Yes could be. Good shout. Altho I'd expect it to stutter and die off if fuel pump cut. It's just killed instantly. Ignition gone.

Yes could be. Good shout. Altho I'd expect it to stutter and die off if fuel pump cut. It's just killed instantly. Ignition gone.

Ah right, my thinking is there's something else needed other than the two main ignition cables, I'll see what I can find out on the net and see if there's something to look for!

http://www.bogaard.com.au/turbo-timers/installation/

Connecting the Turbo Timer - Plug-In Styles

These turbo timers simply plug in to the existing connectors which link the ignition switch to the vehicle wiring.

These connectors will be located in one of the following locations:

• On the back of the ignition switch itself.
  • In-line near the ignition switch.
  • On a connector mounting bracket.
  • On the back of the fuse panel.

If in doubt about the positioning of these connectors, start at the back of the ignition switch and follow the wiring loom until they are located. Check the switch itself for a built-in connector.

Once they have been located, unplug the vehicle connectors and plug the turbo timer male and female connectors into position.

Connect the turbo timer green wire to the vehicle parking brake wire. If this feature is not required, connect the green wire to negative.

Ensure good earthing of the timer black wire.

CONNECTING THE TURBO TIMER - WIRE-IN STYLE TIMERS - 925/ST-1

Instruction-Diagram-_ST1.gif

Not for electronic engine applications.
Not for Kenworth applications.
If the park brake connection is not required, earth the green wire.
Maximum load on timer blue wire: 10 Amps

CONNECTING THE TURBO TIMER - WIRE-IN STYLE TIMERS - 925/ST-2

Instruction-Diagram-_ST2.gif

Connect the yellow wire as required. This may be to the second ignition circuit, accessories or battery isolator.
Maximum load on each timer output:    10 Amps

CONNECTING THE TURBO TIMER - WIRE-IN STYLE TIMERS - 925/ST-3

Instruction-Diagram-_ST3.gif

Twin white wire is used to interrupt voltage supply to the EDIC (shutdown) motor during the idle period.
For Isuzu (not common rail) applications, twin white to:
    •    N Series:  Thin plain blue.
    •    F Series:  Thin blue/yellow.
Maximum load on timer blue wire:    10 Amps

CONNECTING THE TURBO TIMER - WIRE-IN STYLE TIMERS - 925/ST-4

Instruction-Diagram-_ST4.gif

Suitable for electronic & non-electronic engine applications.
Maximum load on timer blue wire:    10 Amps
For Kenworth applications refer to the separate installation instructions provided.

CONNECTING THE TURBO TIMER - WIRE-IN STYLE TIMERS - 925/ST-5

Instruction-Diagram-_ST5.gif

Suitable for electronic & non-electronic engine applications.
Connect the yellow wire as required. This may be to the second ignition circuit, accessories or battery isolator.
Maximum load on each timer output:    10 Amps

HIGH CURRENT DRAIN INSTALLATIONS

Instruction-Diagram-_ST1_HCD.gif

Instruction-Diagram-_ST4_HCD.gif

Current loads exceeding 10 Amps may damage timer relays.
Employing an external relay to carry these loads not only isolates the timer from the load itself, but also from the voltage spikes often associated with high current switching.
Use only a good quality, spike protected relay.
For 925/ST-2 and 925/ST-5 timers, the yellow wire can remain connected in parallel to a low current circuit.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Has anyone fitted a turbo timer??

I tackled it last night. Thought it was a doddle found the two ignition cables one yellow, one yellow/black.

Connected up. Everything works it counts down it maintains power onto those two cables.

Dash is lit up up blah blah blah.

Just engine won't stay running. Cuts out.

I've wired up directly onto ignition switch. I was thinking that this should irradiate any interruption From after market immobiliser.

Once timer finishes counting down. I can hear relay under dash click off and all the dash lights go out.

Anyone got any ideas???

I had the same issue, it is a different ignition 12 wire on the back of ignition switch, sorry cannot remember colour

I had the same issue, it is a different ignition 12 wire on the back of ignition switch, sorry cannot remember colour

Nice one cheers man, I'll try the others then. I need to sort it. Just rolled it all up and shoved it under the dash for now. Forgot about it actually.