B16A2 head on B18C4 block

Krzys

Was chatting to Rich from DynoDaze last night about the above, can anyone shed any light on this? I would think like the B20 conversion, almost a "bolt off, bolt on" type of job or am I horribly wrong? Obviously I'd need at least a new intake manifold to suit the B16 head.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this being done and any gains or losses that were had? [smash.gif]

Heads on the bay are cheap as chips so wouldn't be too hard to get hold of one! Had thought about getting either a Blox or Skunk2 intake for it, possibly cams, valves, springs and retainers while it's in bits, could make an interesting top end build!

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was chatting to Rich from DynoDaze last night about the above, can anyone shed any light on this? I would think like the B20 conversion, almost a "bolt off, bolt on" type of job or am I horribly wrong? Obviously I'd need at least a new intake manifold to suit the B16 head.

Just wondering if anyone knows of this being done and any gains or losses that were had? [smash.gif]

Heads on the bay are cheap as chips so wouldn't be too hard to get hold of one! Had thought about getting either a Blox or Skunk2 intake for it, possibly cams, valves, springs and retainers while it's in bits, could make an interesting top end build!

Will it not lower your compression? I am sure I read somewhere that the B16 has a bigger combustion chamber so will give you lower compressions.

I am sure skimming the head can raise this a bit, but too much and then you will have clearance issues.

How does the cost compare to getting some better cams for the B18?

Will it not lower your compression? I am sure I read somewhere that the B16 has a bigger combustion chamber so will give you lower compressions.

I am sure skimming the head can raise this a bit, but too much and then you will have clearance issues.

How does the cost compare to getting some better cams for the B18?

The c4 heads just do not let you make power unless you go turbo , the inlet is restrictive and the cams and head are set up for the twin stage iabs and vtec . so running them as a single stage , differant inlet and mapping hardly see's any gains well for the cost anyway .

If you use a b20 the were to types the b20b and the b20z one lowers the compression and one raises it but the raising ones are rare and demand a good price ,

If you are looking to go b20 i would go with high comp pistons. large inlet , b16 head ,type r or stunk 2 cams ( must have retainers and springs for the skunk 2 set up ) B18 crank cradle and sump , adjustable cam gears , fuel pressure reg and a 255 fuel pump this will see you around 230 bhp with some good torque .

Rich.

The c4 heads just do not let you make power unless you go turbo , the inlet is restrictive and the cams and head are set up for the twin stage iabs and vtec . so running them as a single stage , differant inlet and mapping hardly see's any gains well for the cost anyway .

If you use a b20 the were to types the b20b and the b20z one lowers the compression and one raises it but the raising ones are rare and demand a good price ,

If you are looking to go b20 i would go with high comp pistons. large inlet , b16 head ,type r or stunk 2 cams ( must have retainers and springs for the skunk 2 set up ) B18 crank cradle and sump , adjustable cam gears , fuel pressure reg and a 255 fuel pump this will see you around 230 bhp with some good torque .

Rich.