B16A2 head on B18C4 block

Krzys

I think it's the B20z that raises it IIRC.

I've managed to get hold of a B16a2 head pretty cheap! Would look to have it overhauled properly though, cams, springs and retainers! Out of curiosity which springs and retainers would you go for? I think I'd change the valves too, while it's all in bits might as well freshen up as much as I can, the head had done 120k which I know isn't huge mileage for a Honda but you know what they say, do it cheap...do it twice!

I'll gather parts over time as this will be a long term project! Want to sort the paint out first and make her look a bit more presentable, then make her roar even more!

Out of curiosity though, with skunk2/Type R cams and the rights supporting hardware, how high do you think she can rev and produce power?

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's the B20z that raises it IIRC.

I've managed to get hold of a B16a2 head pretty cheap! Would look to have it overhauled properly though, cams, springs and retainers! Out of curiosity which springs and retainers would you go for? I think I'd change the valves too, while it's all in bits might as well freshen up as much as I can, the head had done 120k which I know isn't huge mileage for a Honda but you know what they say, do it cheap...do it twice!

I'll gather parts over time as this will be a long term project! Want to sort the paint out first and make her look a bit more presentable, then make her roar even more!

Out of curiosity though, with skunk2/Type R cams and the rights supporting hardware, how high do you think she can rev and produce power?

Wow that's mental! £5,000 though, some serious gear must have gone into that! I think the biggest problem is getting her to produce decent power past 8,500rpm, so I've read anyway!

I remember seeing the video of Spoon's 10k rpm motor, think it was a B16b!

Wow that's mental! £5,000 though, some serious gear must have gone into that! I think the biggest problem is getting her to produce decent power past 8,500rpm, so I've read anyway!

I remember seeing the video of Spoon's 10k rpm motor, think it was a B16b!

This was making 221 bhp from a b16 . 13.1 pistons fully lightened and balanced loads of head work . peck power is 9500 rpm . But it cost big money and a near to engine melting map to get that power . Rich.

221bhp from a B16 N/A!! That's definately mental! :lol:

I know for roughly £4k you could buy the Spoon refurbed block, then you'd have to spend on a new ECU to get it running and set up, I'd be happy with 9,000rpm though, let alone 9,500 or 10,000! :lol:

Might gain a bottom end to go with my newly aquired head and then gather parts over time! Seems the sensible way of going about it!

• 1 month later...

Yeah a big wedge of money mate! Depends if you think it's worth the cost to you though as with any modified cars, you won't be getting it back if/when you sell on!