Misfiring MB2

skitzma8

I have recently purchased a civic MB2 as a daily driver but I have a issue where it's misfiring, the usual suspects have been changed recently, dizzy cap, rotor arm, HT leads, iridium spark plugs, 2X new O2 sensors, new panel filter, fresh oil change, tryed a maf sensor off my Ek, and still no good! It mainly misfires from a cold start and is not as bad when warmed up, the coil has not been changed, but do they die at 40k miles because that's all the car has done. Any ideas what else it could be? as I'm getting the car on the road very soon

A compression test could well identify a leaky exhaust valve ?

Let us know how you go.

I highly doubt it's down to that, as the car has only covered 40k miles. Seems like something electrical playing up.

I have changed the coil today, and it hasn't solved my issue, the car just misfires when it feels like it, and it's worse from cold start, but sometimes it will Rev with no hesitation at all

Typical high tension symptoms .....can't say I blame you for leaving a leading culprit till last (coil) but I'd still direct you to basic checks

e.g. the timing check Tom mentioned and a compression test to rule out head gasket failure etc

• Like 1

Well the car is now insured and on the road, had no choice to drive it as the ball joint snapped last night on my Ek... Since the car has been on the road driving it today, it hasn't been misfiring which is weird because it was when I was reving it in my garden. I can rule the timing out now. But now I have a new problem! When I try to put my foot down abit the car makes power low down but redlines just past 5k, never experienced this before, any ideas please?