p28 ecu info

spudley1988

It is related to this apexi vtec controller and wire for ecu? Is it okay to still run this is thee ecu or how would I go about with wires to eliminate this? Plugged back in car was running fantastic and also found that my iab have been cable tied shut since owned car lol. What would your views on best way to go about this be

I don't know how their wired in but someone mentioned their must be a wire to It from ecu or something as when unplugged light comes on and runs lumpy and stinks of fuel so unsure what I'd need to do with wires.

I didn't know iab were but car ran great and put 187 on dyno. Not sure how it would be if I undone cable tie as the map on ecu apparently deletes them anyway but it certainly whacks through a lot better now on the p28 so unsure if that's due to them being fully disabled and getting most of it from map or not or what would happen if I undone jubilee how itd respond due to them being disabled on map. don't understand it all lol but will run again later.

I just don't know what needs done with what wires to be able to remove the vtec controller and not bug the ecu

Without seeing the wiring not sure what to tell you.

Disabled on map they just wouldn't close when engine started. They shouldn't be clipped closed. They default open so shouldn't be clipped closed. Serious I've seen on a dyno stock b18c4 with closed iabs makes around 150-155bhp peak power.

When open peak power will be about 170ish

I don't think your dyno is accurate. Like say more like 155bhp max stock with iabs closed.

So it'd be okay to remove clip then would it? Not saying duno is 100% accurate but it's surprised a good few cars my mates have ep3 and a corolla t sport n b16eg. Not sayin duno is accurate though as you hear some crazy reading but it pulls very well. But am I better taking cable tie off and seeing how it runs? Just didn't think it'd make any difference but I'm not geared up on this at all