Clutch question

spudley1988

Hey folks, on my mb6 i apparently have an exedy stage 2 clutch and lightened flywheel, no proof bar a piece of paper. If it has ive never been in a standard mb6 to compare but to me revs etc dont go up as fast as id expect for stage 2 unless standard these are awful? I went on the strip with my mates corolla t-sport and their was no difference between us to shout about maybe marginaly favour towards him.

However my release bearing etc noisy so changing whole clutch so just went with honda oem after chat with lad at h tune and for budget as well. Would their be much difference between the two if their even is an uprated one within mine?

The clutch itself will never make a car faster. The lightened flywheel - i highly doubt you'd ever see a noticeable difference. Only really on "free revving" and perhaps a very slight increase in acceleration. 

As Grant said, those parts add no BHP.

Lightened flywheel you may struggle to accelerate up hill as quickly as the standard one, but I think it would need to be significantly lighter.

I've no proof of it being lightened or a different clutch just wasnt sure if id notice any difference if a stage 2 was in compared to oem one. As i say this is my first b series but to me just revs how id expect a standard one to rev lol.

You'll be able to tell when you remove the 'box mate.. Fidanza (or the like) flywheels will be shiney and gappy lol .. 

Stage 2 clutch is generally unneeded. OEM FTW - unless your going boost 

how will it  change gear quicker?

that's down to your left hand and left foot!

Yeah, there's nothing in a clutch to make anything happen better or quicker. It'll just handle more power and torque. 

Unless it's a magical clutch.