Project, ''On the floor''

LogicalAce

you certainly are right lol. you can touch the floor without worrying about 'notching' bits out of the chassis. the lowest part of the car was the exhaust then the rear lower tie bar. the forks that the driveshafts pass through are very good.

my mate was going to put 10 inch wide weller steelies on his mk2 golf. he still has them and i am sure he isnt gonna use them because i think he is going for the vr6 route. if you interested give me a shout and i can get you a price :D

are you just going for looks or handling aswell?

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Going for handling and looks I guess, looking into discs all round and then a big brake set up, the coilies i've got pretty much sort the suspension side of things - they could be a little stiffer but it would make the ride too uncomfortable, i've seen mention of using an MG ARB which i'll look into, also thinking about ditching the rear seats and other weight-saving, the Proxes i've got on the front sort the tyres - they really are superb for the money and any other little bits to improve handling. Looks wise, like I said just smoothing off as much as possible, i'll look into a remote locking kit so I can grab some de-locked door handles, remove the holes in the boot, then i'm thinking black bonnet, roof and boot, that's all the work i've got planned so far, the engine side is a little way of but will happen hopefully!

• 4 months later...
Yeah Dave, going to! :lol:

Plans are pretty simple really, going for smaller wheels (15/16s), most probably banded steels, going to have rear wiper, washer and lock removed and filled, and smooth the edges of the plate recess too. After that i'm just saving to have the rest of the car sprayed and the plastic strips smoothed, and possibly a new lump.

banded steelies :) i also want u got some colour as mine too - Edit, or it used to be lol.

im also wanting to do mine in matt black, did you do it yourself or get someone 1 to do it?

Archived