MB3 Alarm Fob

bigbear

Hi guys i have a MB3 1.5 sport but when i brought the car it only came with 3 keys and no alarm fob. Is it possible to buy a fob of ebay and re-program it? If so does anyone know which fob to get, any pics of the fob or part number. Thanks

PM Jalesi2001 if you need the codes, he works for Honda.

Yes it is possible but it can be on the expensive side, I belive you can swap with another M for the keyfob, I think its just a case of changing the sensor over.

They do break and play up alot though as they are not that well made so it may not be worth it in the long run.

PM Jalesi2001 if you need the codes, he works for Honda.

Yes it is possible but it can be on the expensive side, I belive you can swap with another M for the keyfob, I think its just a case of changing the sensor over.

They do break and play up alot though as they are not that well made so it may not be worth it in the long run.

Ok cool thanks mate, i'll have a look into it 1"£££$££"!!

Hi bud, you cant buy a fob off ebay unfortunately as they are not re-programmable. The new fobs are still available from Honda, but they put the price up at the start of this year from £70 to about £180 ish.

It would be cheaper to get a remote alarm fitted to be honest bud, but if you do want a Genuine remote, you will have to remove your interior light unit, and then write down the code on the underside of your receiver, (which is the black dome next to your interior light!). This is normally a 6 digit code, and starts with a 0 (zero). Then take the code to your local Honda dealer and get ready to have your pants pulled down for the sum of £180. The only up side is they wont charge you a fee to code it, as they are already coded.... :shock::lol:

Or your other option is to find a 'M' in a scrap yard, and nick/buy the remote and dome together, then fit them to your car and that will work.

REMEMBER, IF YOU ARE GOING TO GET A REMOTE AND DOME FROM A SCRAPPY THEY MUST COME FROM THE SAME CAR, AND YOU MUST GET BOTH BITS FOR THIS TO WORK!!

Hope this helps!! ;)

Hi bud, you cant buy a fob off ebay unfortunately as they are not re-programmable. The new fobs are still available from Honda, but they put the price up at the start of this year from £70 to about £180 ish.

did i read this right 180 :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: what the :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: how the :shock::shock::shock::shock: god i will have to get back up off the floor :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: honda why , they can be so much money with bits . i would just save a bit of cash and get an alarm 1000000000% better :D

I totally agree bud, crazy money. I luckily got one last year when i got my car, but still hated paying the £70 odd for it. Then it broke, but i got a new one under warranty!! I have now managed to nick another remote and dome from a scrappage car at work, but if that didnt happen, i would definitely get an alarm fitted, it might help with your insurance quotes too...?? ;)

Archived