k&n panel filter

weetec

hello chaps. just sussed out that the part number 33-2047 is all that counts when purchasing a k&n panel filterfor a mb6 . for example on e-bay just because the listing does not state 1.8vti on the sellers info does not mean it wont fit your 1.8vti mb6. i e-mailed k&n and they told me that 33-2047 panel filter fits the 1.8mb6 aswell as various other 1.6 and 1.4 etc. so basically its the exact same filter but the prices are advertised different to make more money from me and you. its even the same seller with different pictures ...the cheeky &4st4rds....heres a link of the cheapest filter i could find

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 0446298912

i ordered mine on wednesday night and received it on saturday morning. put it in and made a difference over acceleration straight away. see for your self, all the other traders want around £38 to £42. mine was £35.01 delivered.

Not sure if to post this in this thread but I thought it might be relevant to those using the panel filters.

I removed my resonator box and fitted a K&N panel filter and noticed an improvement in throttle response etc, so I thought what happens if I increase the surface area of air for the filter to pull through, so I drilled the airbox out,I kept away from the engine side so it would only pull "colder" air(not really sure I acheived this or not) but the difference is more noticeable than removing the resonator and the panel filter put together.

My vegetable strainer :lol::lol:

th_IMG00151-20100510-1948.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

can i ask a question.. currently i have a huge cone air filter in my car.. noticed with this warm weather around here in bournemouth.. that it does get a bit warm in the engine bay now will it affect the power and cool air flow..?

after readin countless posts here 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!! about whether to have box air filter or air intake.. so i ask - if i already have an air filter in my engine bay.. how easy is it to change to a box airt filter.. and if i have one do i have to remove the stupid U bend as i have plans to remove it over the weekend "weather forecast permitted".. thanks for the "how to also".. 1"£££$££"!! 1"£££$££"!!

i wouldnt worry to much about the heat as it wont have a huge impact on performance. you can easily get the air box assembly and hose and hook it all back up to standard.

Archived