Rear doors unlocking themselves

pau2112

Question

Hi!! Any help will be appreciated :D

The problem is; rear doors on my MB3 keep unlocking themselves, not when the car is running, but maybe I'll get in the car and the door signal on the dashboard will lighten up. And everytime it happens it's either the right or left rear door. It also happens once in a while when I close the trunk. Has this happened to anyone before?? :o I have no clue about what it could be causing this. 

Thanks in advance, have a GREAT day! :) 

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

Hi Paul

Should be an easy fix mate. The light your seeing on dash is "door open", not door unlocked. When the light comes on, are the doors actually open when you check them? If the doors are closed, then the problem is an easy fix. If you open the doors, you will see a small microswitch on the C pillar near the catch. It may just need adjusting. Undo to screw slightly just enough to let you move the switch. Move it outwards (away from the car's interior) then retighten. If the problem persists, try spraying a small amount of WD40 into the switch them work the switch in and out. If that doesn't fix it, replace the switch.

Let us know how you get on.

@pau2112

• Like 1