Central Locking

IceMan

My central locking is have a fit :(

It keeps firing lock,unlock,lock,unlock whether on the move or stationary. I first noticed it when it rained really really heavy. Now that "summer" is here i have notice it do it in the dry. It seems quite random and nothing I can do to stop it.

One thing I noticed is my amp blows its fuse , disconnected it but no change to the locking system. Thats probably another problem for another thread :)

Sounds like a strange one, not a fault ive heard of in mb's before. I take it youve checked all the obvious offenders like loose conections etc? Might be something simple (which it rarely is!!) or a dodgy relay or motor. Adam, our tech advisor, might have heard of this problem before. Adam, where arrrrrree yoooouuu??? lol

Could be the little microswitch that is fixed to your drivers side lock, it is operated by a cam on the inner end of the lock, so when you turn the key, it presses one of two switches, which tells the drivers door actuator to send a signal to the other doors to lock, (or unlock depending which way you turn it!!) Mine is playing up but now I have just got a new fob i dont have to worry.

Even if you never use the key to unlock your car, it can still play up. The way to test it is, get your key, put it in the drivers door lock, and wiggle it, dont turn it!! If the central locking goes mental then its probably that, it normally is. The worst one I had was on an accord, you could tap the door and it would unlock!!! :shock::shock::lol:

could be, although with the weather we've had recently, i'd be surprised. I'd be inclined to chanhe the switch anyways, and seeing if that cures it mate

• 2 weeks later...
Guest D15Z8

has anybody tried to increase the range of fob .. so you dont have to literally stand next to the car to unlock it .. :shock:

has anybody tried to increase the range of fob .. so you dont have to literally stand next to the car to unlock it .. :shock:

How do you increase the range? Spill the beans!!!! lol The infra-red is a joke man! like you say, got to b next to the car for it to work! :lol:

Guest D15Z8

stick the fob next to your temples and hit the button it works according to Jeremy clarkson .

Actually ! it did work :shock: on my MG ZR 160 i used to have ... no luck with MB though ..

MB only seem to work if the fob is in straight line with the sensor thingie and well within the range.. Its a hard work sometimes to try press the button with your hands full of carrier bags :x:x

And if there is a hot chick nearby the fob decides not to work adding to embarasment :twisted:

Archived