Clutch Master Adjustment?

pickmeup

Question

Hi All my aerodeck has been off the road a couple of weeks now due to having a very poor clutch pedal, I changed the fluid on the clutch as there was a slight leak in the master cylinder and black gunk in the fluid meaning a seal or the pipes had degraded.

I've fitted a new master cylinder and a slave too and tried bleeding with vacuum, pressure and the tried and tested manual press to the floor and lift again. 

Every time i do it and have no visible bubbles in the fluid, but my clutch bite is just off the floor where it was about half way up previously.

I've seen plenty of videos showing you can adjust the plunger on the master cylinder but I cant get the lock nut loose, and the actual bracket is different to the videos ive seen such as eric the car guy on you tube.

Heres the link to the master cylinder i bought, its the same as the one i removed from the car. As you can see where the fork part that connects to the pedal is the bracket is different to other master cylinders.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Clutch-Master-Cylinder-fits-HONDA-CIVIC-MC2-1-8-98-to-01-B18C4-ADL-46920ST0013/332252758521?fits=Car+Make%3AHonda|Model%3ACivic+Aerodeck&epid=8017021096&hash=item4d5bcec1f9:g:O6wAAOSwn-tZNfW2

Has anyone else been able to adjust this type of master cylinder? And if so how.

Cheers

Gaz

• Like 1

1 answer to this question