Link to my MB1

drake409

There it is... one abused MB1 :( . When I first got it just over 2 years ago the poor thing had been poorly treated. There was a couple of holes around the rear wheel arches, the windscreen was crack and the rear suspension wasn't to happy either. The wheel trims where actually OK for once, only one was snapped.

So far though I was able to fill the holes and make a new clip for the rear bumper as rust had claimed a victim (got to love things you find in a £1 store ;) ). Also I've had the suspension taken care of and got the replacement wheel trim from my local scrapy. The windscreen is not that from a Honda but from a Rover :o but hey I don't care about that.

I ain't planing anything big like sporting it up. I'm just gonna try and get it back to the way it would have been new... although that might even be costly with how much the paint has faded :oops: .

*EDIT* Almost forgot the link :oops:

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e162/drake_409/Gizmo/

Brings back memories lol Same colour as the ma8 I just sold. She looks in pretty good shape for her age mate, and you can still buy the rear arches new, so not too much to worry about there. I still like these pre facelift models as theres not that many going about compared to the later facelifted ones. Stick a set of alloys on her mate, would look better 8-)

I'm planing on it at some point but first off I gonna get the body sorted. Luckily enough there is a place round here that will do the wheel arches and give the whole car a machine polish for around £300. All I need to do is find that money :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

OK I've started doing some work. Not much mind you. Thought I'd start by restoring the paint work. Using a rubbing compound and good old T-Cut. 3 new images of the areas worked on, just use the link in the first post. I did notice some areas have but painted in the past the I didn't know about so will need to get more pain no doubt, but what a difference it has made already. :D

Archived