Stereo and Speakers

samwell

Evening folk,

Looking to upgrade the oem speakers for a better sound. I find my aerodeck to be pretty noisy on motorways so I want to be able to turn it up without suffering.

I assume the car has 10cm door speakers front and back but I am not sure how to remove the door cards.

What would people recommend for a good quality installation, must be composite. Also a medium price head unit to control the new setup potentially.

Also door card removal/is it necessary.

Any help welcome, Sam

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello Sam ive had lots of head units over the years and in my opinon for sound quality you cant go wrong with pioneer or alpine, pioneer if you want punchy bassy sounds or alpine for more clarity, personally i prefer pioneer but thats just me.

For good prices check out

caraudiocentre.co.uk, bassjunkies.com,

For your safety stay away from halfords or you might end up leaving with a fli speaker system and god knows what head unit.

As for speakers if you can install a component system that would give you the best soundstage, just pop off the door cards and cut some holes for tweeters, not sure though how much space are in the MB's though!

spadooky.

the main thing about a sound system you must always remember is that you only get out what you put in. you could have the best components and they will never reach there full potential with a £30 headunit from argos. so a good quality headunit is a must and build from there. only buy components on there rms rating not there pmpo.

So I take it I'm right about there being 4 10cm door speakers. Like I said, don't wanna go component as I can't be bothered with modifying door cards or pulling my dash out. Just want easy quality, prepared to pay the extra price for decent composites.

Pioneer was where I was looking, ta

you wont need to modify anything. the speaker fronts are just for show if you did mount them somewere. focal do amazing 10cm speakers but expect to pay up to 250 for them. personaly i would get decent comonents and replace the old ones and with a decent headunit with good power output you will have a stealthy banging setup.

Theres 2 speakers in the front doors, and the rear speakers are under the black plastic trims either side of the rear parcel shelf. To find out how to remove the front door cards, check out the 'How To' section, there is a guide in there!! :ugeek:

Both 10cm or 4" from what i gather mobz.

Had a go at getting the rears out (on my roof as its a 'deck) and one screw on one is so custarding tight so they're staying in. Managed to break my drivers doorcard taking it out but not too bad as getting a new interior this week hopefully.

Picked up these for the front in the end http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270590103268&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT

still no progress on the head unit front, bid on a few bit still rocking the sony thing it came with.

S

Archived