Stereo and Speakers

samwell

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah give in phase a try mate, see what theyve got. the rear speakers in the deck are really shallow, so might be hard to replace. In 5 door hatchback civic m's, the fronts are 13cms, the rears are 10cms (iirc) The rears are the ones that usually sound crap. standard fronts (if Pioneer) are actually not too bad ;)

• 2 months later...

hi bud. sorry this is so late, but just found it.

I had a mare getting the roof speakers out of mine... one came out stupidly easilly, the other must have been fitted by a gorrilla coz I had to cut the heads off 2 of the screws.

once out, I bought some mdf spacers for a couple of quid off ebay, glued them to the roof, and screwed the speakers into them.

I did have another problem with the speakers shorting out... never did figure out which bits were touching the body work, so wrapped the lot in insulation tape ;)

will take some pics and pop them up.

hi bud. sorry this is so late, but just found it.

I had a mare getting the roof speakers out of mine... one came out stupidly easilly, the other must have been fitted by a gorrilla coz I had to cut the heads off 2 of the screws.

once out, I bought some mdf spacers for a couple of quid off ebay, glued them to the roof, and screwed the speakers into them.

I did have another problem with the speakers shorting out... never did figure out which bits were touching the body work, so wrapped the lot in insulation tape ;)

will take some pics and pop them up.

Archived