Sean_GT's Project Thread - "The Roller Coaster".

Sean_GT

update:

Turbo conversion complete, m.o.t'd today went straight through, only advised on rear arb bush.

Had new oil 15w - 50 Mobile 1. new spark plugs, oil filter, fuel filter, new discs and pads, new toyo proxes tr1's all round, new steering wheel, new fuel tank, uprated fuel pump. engine all sorted to, car feels like new again.

i'm getting tax on dec 1st, leaving it off road the rest of this month so i can mess about with it, the kit i purchased can handle up to 400bhp, but im on standard internals and didnt go for an aggressive map, i want power but i want it to be reliable, i also got launch control installed, but i wont be using this function until i get an uprated clutch, my standard clutch is doing ok so far, but eventually it will need replacing.

Cars running roughly between 300bhp to 320bhp. As most know i have stripped it out so the power to weight ratio is also on my side, a 2003 BMW M3 crossed my path and he couldnt get rid of me lol, which was fun.

The cars feels standard up until 3000 rpm then turbo kicks in and then the vtec with turbo and all hell breaks lose, its brilliant, i cant wait to uprate my internals next. i love it lol. Rarrrrrr

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Alot lol! no dyno print out as yet, aiming to get one at leeds on the rolling road day on 4th Dec.

It was mapped by ricky at race tech and he said its at roughly 300bhp - 320bhp, i do know a few ppl who have lost there cars due to dyno runs, BOOM lol.

I'm still doing bits and bobs to it, it will be on the road on Dec 1st. Prob the worst time but yeh.

i'll get some proper pics up when i get chance, still waiting on the vti-s skirts to come back.

IMAG0034.jpg

Now that you've said that, I always see that octavia parked there.

I know your civic is not your daily driver but whats the fuel consumption like on just normal driving?

and have you uprated your internals?

Sorry for all the questions I'm just in two minds wether to, turbo my aerodeck or put the engine and running gear into an eg hatch

cheers

im not sure on fuel cons mate, u put 35 in drove back from sheffield and done few lil runs here and there foot town also and i have over 1/4tank left still. there meant to get better fuel consumption on a normal drive if they are mapped properly i think he said i get something like 32 - 33mpg.

im on standard internals, the engines are bullet proof in some respect, obviosuly dont push your look or it will end in tears.

i was going to swap all my running gear into a EG, but my mb shell is rust free and solid, so it seems a shame to waste it.

my next step is a top notch clutch, mg zs arb and then new internals.

if you get it turbo'd properly you wont regret it, its awesome.

Archived