Gearboxes - The options

tontvti

i have just fitted a S80 box with 4th and 5th gears from a Y21. still waiting to attack top speed, but its 1 hell of a difference from standard.

take it synchros the same as :!:

sounds goooood mate eager to your response 8-)

on that test day!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noodels, as far as I'm aware the Y21 box has the same 2.105 and 1.458 ratios as an S80 just with 4.4 FD instead of 4.785. Compared to an S9B box though it'll still give you a nice boost especially in 2nd and 3rd - around 15% more wheel torque in 2nd and 10% more in 3rd. Doesn't sound huge but it'll make quite a difference especially on slower roads!

Noodels, as far as I'm aware the Y21 box has the same 2.105 and 1.458 ratios as an S80 just with 4.4 FD instead of 4.785. Compared to an S9B box though it'll still give you a nice boost especially in 2nd and 3rd - around 15% more wheel torque in 2nd and 10% more in 3rd. Doesn't sound huge but it'll make quite a difference especially on slower roads!

thanks mate for the info

i have 17 inch on @mo and really notice torque difrence compared with standard type,

wanted to get the torque back again,heavier!!

its either better wheels, light weights,££££ssss

standard wheels with spacers,,not so good but effective>

gearboxLSD:( ???gamble!!!!

4-2-1 manifold 8-) very good modification,

all better mid range modifications

i like my wheels and the manifold seems to be top dog

15%and 10% seems very tempting though but :|

Thanks again Gazman been offered one £300 diff type unknown!!could be fedral!!!!not so good:|

thanks mate for the info

i have 17 inch on @mo and really notice torque difrence compared with standard type,

wanted to get the torque back again,heavier!!

its either better wheels, light weights,££££ssss

standard wheels with spacers,,not so good but effective>

gearboxLSD:( ???gamble!!!!

4-2-1 manifold 8-) very good modification,

all better mid range modifications

i like my wheels and the manifold seems to be top dog

15%and 10% seems very tempting though but :|

Thanks again Gazman been offered one £300 diff type unknown!!could be fedral!!!!not so good:|

Archived